Plants of the World Online
|Owner||Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew|
|URL||Plants of the World Online|
|Launched||March 2017; 5 years ago (2017-03)|
Plants of the World Online (POWO) is an online database published by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. It was launched in March 2017 with the ultimate aim being "to enable users to access information on all the world's known seed-bearing plants by 2020". The initial focus was on tropical African Floras, particularly Flora Zambesiaca, Flora of West Tropical Africa and Flora of Tropical East Africa.
The database uses the same taxonomical source as Kew's World Checklist of Selected Plant Families, which is the International Plant Names Index, and the World Checklist of Vascular Plants (WCVP). POWO contains 1,234,000 global plant names and 367,600 images.
- Plants of the World online ID (P5037) (see uses)
- ^ a b "About the Plants of the World Online portal", Plants of the World Online, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, retrieved 2018-01-26
- ^ "Assessing extinction risk across the geographic ranges of plant species in Europe". Plant, People, Planet. 4 (3): 303–311.
- ^ "Plants of the World Online | Kew Science". Plants of the World Online. Retrieved 2022-07-27.
- Kew Gardens
- Wakehurst Place
- Bedgebury National Pinetum
This botany article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.